Sunday, November 25, 2007

Thanksgiving In The New Millennium


I can't remember the last time I went home for Thanksgiving. It must have been in the 90's. I think Milli Vanilli were big at the time. This Thanksgiving was no different (except for the music, I was a big fan of Milli, not so much Vanilli). I did, however, spend it with my family via ichat. This was a new thing for my nephew Karl who got a real kick out of seeing his uncle on the computer, that is until he saw himself, then the idea of making funny faces trumped talking to his namesake. Erik was nice enough to draw me a race car and actually make me the driver! I was flattered. Lauren was a little shy but I think appreciated the fact that I at least made an appearance. And finally Josef, fresh from a bath, said hello with hair even Don King had to admire. Boy that kids got alot of hair!

Each Thanksgiving I spend some time thinking about where I've been, where I am currently, where I want to be, and what it's going to take to get me there (boy, that's alot of thinking!). I want to thank everyone who has supported me in all my endeavors this past year, and hopefully I have been of some support to you as well. I hope you all had a wonderful holiday!

No comments: