Sunday, September 23, 2007

Life In The Gutter





So last night was bowling night. It was a blast! The Gutter had everything from great beer, to a cool crowd, to music that at times appeared straight out of my playlist! Oh, and there was bowling too. When we arrived we put our names in and were told the wait would be 3 hours! Good thing the bar was so conveniently located. We did venture out to grab food at PFC, no, not KFC, were talkin' Palace Fried Chicken. No doubt I'll be regretting that decision later this afternoon. At about 1 am it was time to bowl. Things started off a little rocky when Jason got his thumb stuck in the ball, and as he threw it, wound up striking the light fixture above the lanes. The manager made him take a time out, it was pretty freakin' hilarious. Holly and Jason wound up tying the first game, I came in third with an 84 (I blamed it on not having my own ball) and Johnathan was right behind with an 80 (I'm not sure what his excuse was). The next game I came roaring back late with 4 strikes in a row and finished with a respectable 158. Even the group next to us was impressed with my mad skills and there were hi-fives all around. There is a good chance my roommate Holly and I will be collectively celebrating our birthdays this year at The Gutter, so I encourage all of you to get out there and bowl! You'll need the practice if you want to compete with the former captain of the Pinbusters! Did I mention I have mad skills? . . . . . . . . . . . Let me see. . . . . . . . . Yep, I did.

No comments: