Monday, September 17, 2007

Fashion Week Made Me Smarter

I spent yesterday going through many of my images from Fashion Week. Meanwhile, I had the TV tuned to the History Channel. I've always been a sucker for shows about physics ever since I was a kid and used to watch "Newtons Apple". Trying to understand the laws of Quantum Mechanics as a 10 yr old used to hurt my brain, in a good way. Anyway, they were airing shows about the origin of the universe and how the earth was formed. I absorbed all this info as I was cropping images of models in fancy clothes. Really makes the whole Fashion Week experience seem rather insignificant. Thanks Copernicus! So if you're feeling a little too self-involved and need something to bring you back down to reality try this little nugget on for size. Did you know there are more stars in the universe than there are grains of sand on all the beaches in the world? Suddenly getting upset because Starbucks ran out of skim milk for your non-fat, half-caffe, no whip caramel latte doesn't seem like such a big deal now does it.

No comments: