Thursday, August 23, 2007

Camera Obscura


I finally broke down and purchased a point-and-shoot camera after months of research and analysis. I am very pleased with my purchase! My very first photo with this camera of a blurred NYC skyline from my terrace is depicted above. (Now if you can care less about the technical minutia of camera specifics, just stare are the photo above for a couple seconds to make me happy then go back to your productive lives and ignore the following sentences). The camera is the Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX2. It is 10 mega pixals, is fully manual, can shoot in RAW, shoots 16:9 ratio (see photo above) which is more panoramic than 35 mm, and is equipt with a leica lens! It has a ton of special scenic features that I'm actually finding useful and I am very pleased so far with the quality of the image it produces. You will see alot more documentation of NYC in the coming months. Hey, It only took me 4 years.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

what type of camera is it...as in brand and model no. ?