Tuesday, August 28, 2007

3 Minutes Of Fame

I believe it was Andy Warhol who said "Everyone gets their 15 minutes of fame." Well in 2008, I'm gonna eat up 3 of those minutes. Let me explain. We attended a taping of Comedy Central Presents the other night, featuring 2 comedians. For some reason, one of the producers of the show decided to place our group in the front row. Now, ordinarily this would make me a bit nervous, that is until he came over to us and said the phrase, "You guys are gonna be on camera ALOT." Then I became really nervous. Now, I'm not a big fan of being in front of the camera, I prefer the other side of the lens, and when I'm shooting it's generally not seen by 30,000,000 people. But I did live in LA for awhile, so when the camera was on I pretended like what I was watching was the funniest thing I have ever seen or heard. My jaw actually hurt from smiling so much. You can see my acting prowess as 'Miscellaneous Audience Member Pretending To Laugh' in early '08. That leaves me 12 minutes remaining. . . . . . . hmmmmmmm, I wonder what Paris and Lindsey are up to, they are always good for ideas on how to embarrass oneself publicly.

No comments: