Saturday, May 31, 2008

To Beard Or Not To Beard

Yeah, I know it's corny, but what'ya gonna do? So I did it, I finally did it, after nearly 4 months I shaved my beard. Wow, was that a freaky experience! It was like when people have plastic surgery and don't recognize their reflection in the mirror. I totally didn't recognize the person looking back at me! Very weird. It's been 3 days and I'm just now coming to grips with my new/old look. Problem. Long hair with beard? Good look, kind of hippie meets rocker. Long hair without beard? Bad look, kinda mullet-esque ala a non-recurring character on the Partridge Family. Why did I do it you ask? Well, the honest answer is I have a dentist appointment this week and couldn't bear to put them through "The Beard Experience". I always look out for people using high speed electric drills near my face, they don't need to be antagonized in any way. (By the way, "The Beard Experience", worst ride at Disney World ever!) Look for the beard again this fall! I promise it will make a comeback.

No comments: