Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!

Well, I tried to post this Holiday youtube video to my blog, but for some reason it didn't work. It said it worked, but obviously it lied, (and on Christmas too!). So I'll take this opportunity to give you a quick recap of the days events. Erik "Look dad, Santa got the spiderman game from Target!" Lauren "Yeah, and he got the Hanna Montana book that we saw at Costco!" Well, now that we know where Santa shops, we'll have to ask him to pick up that 3 gallon tub of mayonnaise, and a 64 pack of toilet paper next Christmas. I also had a little dilemma that really shouldn't bother me, but for arguments sake I'll describe it briefly. In trying to do a good thing, I think my niece and nephew think I'm a real loser. I got them both really cool presents for Christmas. Hanna Montana make-up for Lauren along with a Cinderella book that she loved, and a spiderman plane and a how-to draw book on race cars for Erik. They loved them! LOVED! But, I didn't tell them they were from me, I told them they were from Santa. I mean, I'm not looking for recognition from my niece and nephew, I thought everything was fine, until I heard Lauren talking about the presents she got from her uncle on the other side of the family and from everyone else. Now I think that they think their uncle Karl is a cheapskate, who didn't get them anything for Christmas! I can't now go tell them "Hey, you know that make-up kit and that spiderman plane you love?, yeah, Santa didn't get those for you, I lied, I got them for you". That's even worse! I guess I'll just have to make it up to them on their birthdays. Boy I hope this recession is over quickly, I have alot of shopping ahead of me.

No comments: