Sunday, November 9, 2008

Polaroid Experiment Take 1


So here's the situation. I think I realize why Polaroid is going out of business. Bad design. Now, don't get me wrong, I love the look and feel of the images, the distorted colors, the softness etc. But it is almost impossible to keep my new camera still when I take a picture. The button you press to release the shutter is at the front of the camera, when ideally it would be towards the back, where your hands are. Combine that with the slow shutter speed and the enormous amount of pressure to release the shutter and you get some blurry images. Now soft I can handle, I actually love this image of Fernanda for that reason, but the rest of the images look like I took them hopped up on crack. I call it bad-blur. I'm going to make some type of device to attach to a tri-pod to limit this so-called "bad blur", but I'm not giving up. And many thanks to Fernanda for playing along with my little experiment the other day. She's the best!

No comments: