Sunday, September 13, 2009

Do You Have A Passion For Fashion?




Don't worry, that title was meant to sound corny. . . . but then again saying something "sounds corny" also sounds pretty lame. . . . whatever, let's begin again. This is the first season I elected not to document ny fashion week. However, this freed up all kinds of time to take part in all the festivities that I was always too exhausted to enjoy. Like Fashions Night Out, which meant hopping from shop to shop in Soho and enjoying a drink or three among individuals like Marc Jacobs, Vera Wang and Philip Lim! Or last evenings party for Metal magazine which brought out all the beautiful and funky people from Barcelona and Madrid! Too bad my friends Aina and Pol were back in Spain, I miss those two. (By the way, look for my portrait of artist Nick Cave in the next issue of Metal!) But it wasn't all fun and games. When I wasn't "out and about" this week, I was in front of the computer for hours on-end re-touching and finalizing Laila Azhar's lookbook shoot as well as a shoot I did with Dierdre from Elite. Above you will find a few samples from that shoot. I'm starting to work a little more in B&W these days. I find I can really blow out the whites and create some nice softness. Look for more black and white images in the next few months.

No comments: