Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Alexandra For Laila Azhar




Alex was the first girl we saw at the casting for Laila's Spring 2010 lookbook. After she left I told Laila that if Alex had grown up in my neighborhood in Chicago, an 8 yr old Karl would have had the biggest crush on her. Then proceeded to tell her the story of how when I was about 6, I had a crush on this Italian girl from my neighborhood who was about 13 I guess. When she and her friends would walk around the neighborhood I would be walking with my mom and ask my mom if she could walk about 10 feet behind me so I would look "cool" walking all by myself. A few weeks later I wound up giving her all my dad's gold cuff links because they were shiny and had jewels in them. Her mom returned them the next day. I actually saw her a few weeks ago when I was back in Chicago and you know what, I think I still have a little crush on her. . . . . but don't worry, I didn't give her any men's jewelry, I learned my lesson the first time.

No comments: