Saturday, April 18, 2009

Home. Home Again. I Like to Be Here When I Can.



Last night I completed, (for the most part), re-touching all the images from my previous 10 shoots here in Chicago. Obviously from the title, I was listening to Dark Side Of the Moon by Pink Floyd during that process. I find that the music I listen while re-touching dictates the direction the images take. The darker the music, the darker the feel of the images. I'm not sure how it is for other photographers, but I have to get in this whole zen-like state, especially for the initial edit. If I'm not in the right mood I'll totally overlook images that could be amazing with the right crop etc. On a side note, for some reason Pearl Jam's "Given To Fly" is like the best song for editing "on-camera" flash images. I don't know why, I haven't really listened to Pearl Jam since the album 10, but something about that song fits the feel of "on-camera" flash edits. I put it on repeat and edit away, the next time I look up at the clock it's about an hour later, and I've been listening to the same song that whole time. . . . . . . I'm weird.

No comments: