Saturday, December 23, 2006

Merry Christmas!

Just a personal note during this holiday season. On a recent trip to my brothers house to celebrate my birthday, I was sitting on the carpet in front of the fire playing Leggos with my 4 yr old nephew Erik. I have been stressed lately and was not in the best spirits even though everyone was there for me. We are playing with the 'Bob the Builder' set of Leggos when all of a sudden he says to me, "Remember you got me these Leggos last Christmas Uncle Karl? Remember?" I thought for about 5 seconds and then realized that yes, in fact I did buy him those Leggos last Christmas. I couldn't believe he remembered! Cute little story right? But it's important to realise no matter what personal issues you have over the holidays, put them aside and take time out to spend time with those family members who, while receiving tons of toys last year, will remember specifically what their Uncle Karl gave them last Christmas.

No comments: